Tuesday 27 November 2012

Tim Walker exhibition at Somerset House




A few weeks ago I went with my boyfriend and mom to see an exhibition at Somerset House, Images 36: Best of British Illustration (which has finished now).  While there, we came across the Tim Walker: Story Teller exhibition, and I am so glad we did.  I cannot say I had heard of Tim Walker before seeing the exhibition, but I did recognise a few of the images and realised I had even cut some out of magazines and stuck them in my visual diaries in the past.  His work is mystical, fantastical and theatrical.  Just plain beautiful!  Walker is a fashion photographer and this body of work was images that had been published in notable publications such as British, French, American and Italian Vogue, Vanity Fair, W and The New Yorker among many others. 




But what took this exhibition to another level was the use of the props in the photographs  being displayed along side the images in the gallery.


I highly recommend this exhibition and will be looking out for his work in the future.  The exhibition runs until the 27th January 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment